Updated: Aug 6, 2020
Moving to a new city within your country is stressful enough. Moving internationally can be a different ball game entirely. It can be a roller coaster of anxiety, skepticism, and a few new opportunities if you do not focus on the positives.
Staying in the best form of health should be your top-most priority, especially now that you're trying to settle down in an unfamiliar environment. The stress from an international move can take its toll on your health if not handled carefully. Staying healthy doesn't just mean being in good shape physically; it also means staying in the best form of health mentally.
So, how does one stay healthy during and after an international move? Good question. The following tips should act as guidelines for you:
● Do Not Skip Your Meals: Your moving process can get so distracting enough that you would be tempted to skip meals. Understandably, this is true for most of us. We all have been there. But don't be tempted to do so. You need the physical stamina to survive an international move. Eating healthy meals is the right fuel to power your energy. Create a healthy meal plan. Do not eat junk. Do not skip breakfast, as it can be the most important meal for the day. Lunch and dinner should also be taken seriously. You can throw in healthy snacks in between your major meals.
● Stay Hydrated Throughout Your Moving Period: Amidst the physical stress of moving around, organizing plans and schedules, you can become quickly dehydrated in a way that can be surprising even to yourself. This is expected. But getting dehydrated is the last thing you need due to the series of ill-fated side-effects that come with it - dry skin, increased thirst, and disorientation. You don't want that, or do you? Therefore, drink enough water or any recommended fluid. It is vital you stay off carbonated drinks. They will only leave you with an increased level of thirst.
● Get Enough Sleep: We can't belabor this enough. You need all the sleep you can get. It relieves you of all the stress and anxieties that come with your international move. So, be sure to take that healthy dose of sleep. Can't seem to get enough sleep? Then little naps here and there will help.
● Start Packing In Time: Moving is usually avoided whenever we can due to the dreaded process of packing. Even the most exciting traveler will find this process mundane and boring. The secret to a successful packing lies in starting your packing in time. The stress of a last-minute packing effort can affect your health negatively. So, try and start at the right time. Dread packing? Then employ the services of international moving companies singapore. But be least assured, there's only so much these companies can do for you. Your intimate stuff would have to be packed by you.
● Do Not Lift heavy Objects: You don't want to end up in the emergency room of an osteopathic physician after your moving ordeal. Or do you? The more reason you shouldn't bother with the heavy stuff when moving. Allow the movers to handle those.
● Enlist The Help Of Friends: Doing everything on your own during your moving process, just to impress friends and show them how independent you can be, is not the way to go about your move. If you have friends willing to help out, then enlist their help. Do not ruin your health by wanting to go it alone. Ask for help where you can.
● Stay Calm Throughout Your Move: Making an international move can be draining emotionally, health wise, and physically. You will achieve a peaceful mindset by staying calm throughout the whole process. You may miss schedules, important deadlines in the course of your moving. Do not be harsh on yourself. Focus on the positives.
Finally, staying healthy just before, during, and after your international move, though hard to meet up with, is possible, if you adopt the right steps. And this is what we've gone out of our way to outline for you.
About SIR MOVE
Established in Singapore in and Malaysia since 2006, SIR Move Services is a Singapore/British brand and it is a moving company that continues to build a business based on integrity and trust. With a firm belief that 110% attention to the technicalities involved in moving is an expected pre-requisite, it is these strong building blocks that have served as a foundation for their mission which is, to ensure that the delivery of their services comes with consistent quality of exceptional standards at every level and in every move. SIR provides Complete Move Solutions for International, Commercial and Domestic Relocations inclusive of storage and insurance. We move pets too. Moove My Box (MMB) is the newest addition to our suite of services allowing customers to ship small shipments faster. Similar to Air Express Delivery with the addition of packing and collection services. SIR Move is a qualified FIDI/FAIM Quality Mover.
SIR Move Services
Call 65 65347345
For more information on SMAD
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
SIR Move Services Pte. Ltd
A member of THE SIR GROUP